National Volunteer Coordinator (Temporary) Responsibilities:
Part of team focused on increasing national presence of Hunger Volunteers and national strategic volunteerism hub partner network, which focuses on increasing the number of volunteers connecting to higher impact opportunities which address the root causes of hunger.
Recruit and onboard new anti-hunger partners to join strategic volunteerism hub partner network. This may include:
- Collaborating and enhancing existing analysis of the national partnership landscape and incorporating additional priorities.
- Outreach to target organizations, including presenting on hub partnerships, demonstrating the value of partnership,
- Onboard new organizations onto volunteer management software.
- Focused volunteer recruitment to support existing and new partnered organizations. This may include:
- Use of new and creative methods of identifying and building new sources of volunteer streams for targeted recruitment regions
- Use of social media and other marketing tools to recruit.
- Collect volunteer information, availability, and skills, and maintaining an up-to-date database.
- Keep new and existing volunteers informed about HFA and volunteer opportunities.
- Act as a project manager for skills-based volunteer projects to ensure the success of the project, as deemed necessary.
- Match volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensure they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
- Manage schedules and records of volunteers' work.
- Facilitate regular progress meetings to meet project milestones.
- Adapt and/or update volunteer CDC and DOH guidelines to ensure all volunteers follow strict safety protocols during and for the length of the public health crises, including use of PPE, as may be necessary.
- Ensure the organization's purpose is conveyed to volunteers and the public community.
- Work collaboratively with staff, AmeriCorps members & volunteers to promote Ending Hunger through Service.
- Responsibilities may evolve and change to meet the needs of the organization.
Volunteer Coordinator Requirements:
A higher education degree (Associates or more) or significant work experience.
Experience in volunteering and recruitment.
Experience in sales and relationship management a plus.
Experience in project coordination/management a plus.
Some flexibility with schedule required, some nights and weekends may be required.
Working knowledge of databases, experience with Volunteer Hub and Salesforce a plus.
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent organization and team building skills.
Interest in social justice issues and addressing systemic issues of domestic food security.
Commensurate with experience. Position is temporary (February 2021). Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org