About the Anti-Hunger Corps:
The Anti-Hunger Corps VISTA program aims to reduce hunger and, poverty, and build the capacity of the agencies that address these issues. Members will build the capacity of the organization to assist unemployed and under-employed people obtain job training, job placement, and financial literacy services; improve access to food from government and nonprofit sources for targeted populations in particular and food insecure people in general; enable residents of food deserts to access healthier foods through farmers markets and community gardens; help more low-income children to obtain free school breakfasts and summer meals; enable nonprofit groups fighting hunger and poverty to raise more money and recruit and manage more volunteers, particularly high-impact and skilled volunteers.
We are seeking qualified candidates to assist in the implementation, access, and quality of the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and improve access to nutritious food to Summer Food Service Program participants and families.
The Summer Associate will:
- Research participating neighborhoods across NYC
- Create and distribute summer meals outreach materials
- Perform community outreach for the summer meals program
- Recruit and manage summer meals outreach volunteers
- Assist Hunger Free NYC’s Benefits Access team with outreach on SNAP and WIC
- Deliver meals to seniors who may not be able to leave their homes
- Perform other activities in collaboration with HFA staff and community partners, as needed
This is a short-term, full-time position beginning June 15, 2020 and lasting through August 24, 2020 or June 22, 2020 through August 21, 2020. You are expected to be available for the needs of your community and project at all times, including days, nights and weekends. For more information, please review the AmeriCorps VISTA Terms, Conditions and Benefits information available here - http://bit.ly/1dAs2FM.
You are responsible for finding your own housing. No housing allowance will be provided.
- $791.70 living allowance, paid biweekly
- Education award ($1,311.11) or end-of-service cash stipend (~$250)
- A network of over 180,000 AmeriCorps VISTA members and alums
How to Apply:
Go to https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=89093&fromSearch=true and complete the application